Managing Director of Mobile, North America
1. Before attending NewFronts, I just have to say: I still have not seen anything cooler than the #CNNx product for the iPad that allows users to jump back and forth through the course of a day in a nonlinear fashion to watch exactly what they want, when they want. (Click the image below to learn more about the CNNx)
2. Mobile is enhancing video experiences for consumers by giving them access to anything at any time from any location.
3. This wasn't at NewFronts but it was in the background in a giant way: FAN, or the Facebook Audience Network, which launched on May Day. It extends targeting from inside the walls of Facebook headquarters in Menlo, Calif., across other publishers on a user's device, making it easier than ever for developers to conduct business through advertising. (To learn more about FAN, click the image below)
Facebook Audience Network Mobile Ad Network Launches At f8
4. In the midst of all the content being discussed in the Yahoo! Live Concert Series with Live Nation, Microsoft's choose-your-own stories, and YouTube stars becoming bigger stars was this: an announcement from #Snapchat that it is offering exciting enhancements to its service. These new offerings are ephemeral text chat and video calls (or 'facetime').
5. Advertisers and content providers have realized that mobile usage has surpassed time spent on PCs. NewFronts 2014, in summation, has provided attendees with more content optimized for the screen--content that can take us, whenever we want, to whatever platform of entertainment we choose.